Workshops & Field Days
The Alameda County Conservation Partnership hosts workshops and field days throughout the year. See below for information of the following offerings:
- Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Workshop Series
- Technical Species Workshops
- Partners Workshops
- Completed Workshops
Check back often or sign up for our email list below to receive the most up-to-date workshop information.
Once you sign up for the list, you will have the option of selecting one or more areas of interest, including workshops aimed at landowners and land managers, and technical workshops on local special-status species.
Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Workshop Series
In 2012 and 2013, we will be hosting a series of workshops geared specifically towards Beginning Farmers and Ranchers - though all are welcome! Workshop topics will include:
Technical Species Workshops
Workshop on the Biology & Management of the California Red-legged Frog - April 24 and 25 - Register Now!
Workshop on the Biology & Management of the California Tiger Salamander - May 29 and 30 - Register Now!
The Elkhorn Slough Coastal Training Program regularly hosts workshops on a wide variety of topics. Check out their training website for current and upcoming workshops at http://www.elkhornsloughctp.org/training/
Completed Workshops and Field Days
Below is a list of the types of workshops offered through the Conservation Partnership. Most workshops include both classroom lecture and a field component.
- Farm Hedgerow Workshop and Field Day. Sunol Glen School and SunolAg Park, April 2013.
- Introduction to Olive Oil Pruning and Tasting. Hillcrest Ranch, Sunol, March 2013.
- Winter 2013: Producing Grass-fed Beef in the East Bay: Challenges and Opportunities in an Emerging Market. A two-part workshop series for Beginning Ranchers.
- Farm and Ranch Conservation Planning and 2013 Farm Bill - Beginning Farmer and Rancher Introduction to Conservation Planning, September 2012.
- Making Rangeland Stewardship Work for Ranchers, Agencies and the Land. May, 2012.
- Wildlife Escape Ramp Workshop with Dan Taylor of Bat Conservation International
- Alameda Whipsnake Workshop with Karen Swaim of Swaim Biological, Inc.
- California Red-legged Frog Workshop 2012 with Norman Scott, Ph.D. and Galen Rathbun, Ph.D.
- California Tiger Salamander Workshop 2012 with Peter Trenham, Ph.D.
- Native Pollinator Workshop Rangelands, Farms and Backyards: Enhancing and Managing Pollinator Habitat with Xerces Society
- Easement Workshop Education
- Ranch Conservation Planning
Natural Resources Education Scholarship Fund
The Natural Resources Education Scholarship Fund is available to provide financial assistance to those who would like to attend our workshops but cannot afford it. Please click here to learn more.